Apr 4, 2011

Honda Hybrid Badge

Posted by Anonymous |

Has been driving my new car for 1 month, finally I've made a small modification that I wanted to do it badly even before I got my car.

Probably some may found it fugly, but I find it's alright on this car. As you know Honda does comes with Honda Type R, a racing car that have Red background badge. Then why not Honda Hybrid to have a Blue background badge?

So I've decided to get my rear Honda badge to have illuminated blue background. Not sure there is any OEM Honda badge with blue background out there.

This is how I done it a cheapo way.

I bought a roll of 3M blue illuminated stickers which cost me RM12 and the roll of sticker is just too much that I barely used 5% of it.

Measure and cut the shape with a scissor, so I can get it fit in the blank background.

It does take a quite number of trials and errors for me to get the correct shape. Sweats and times was spent on this.

This is how it look like before I stick the stickers on.


and this is how it look's like after. Doesn't it match with the Hybrid emboss logo on the right?


Close up of the logo.


So how illuminated is this sticker?

A photo taken with my camera phone with flash on.


So what do you think? Does it look lala?

7 comments:

SiMon Har said...

OMG! this is a very good idea! u must sell your idea to Honda!!!

Anonymous said...

Simon - Hahah! Can sell meh?

Anonymous said...

This is cool! Brilliant Idea indeed.

Rafy Azman said...

Brilliant bro! where did you buy that 3 M sticker?

Brewster used cars said...

I'm really looking for a Hybrid model. But I'm not getting a full structure of the above Honda model from your post. Can you please provide some good photos of it?

sin hwa said...

Hi, may I know where can get the 3m sticker?
Appreciate can SMS the contact or address. 0162015588

sin hwa said...

Hi, may I know where can get the 3m sticker?
Appreciate can SMS the contact or address. 0162015588