Apr 15, 2009

DIY Speedlight Diffuser

Posted by Anonymous |



I believe some of encounter the problem the light didn’t bounce correctly and cause only the over part of the photo we lighted up and the bottom part were dark and dull like the 2nd test photo below.

Mostly it’s because it didn’t meet the light bounce criteria example the ceiling was too height too bounce back the light, the ceiling was dark in colour and not suitable for light bouncing.

Therefore they have come out with light diffuser like some of the speedlight that has bundled together like SB800 & SB900. As for others speedlight like mine SB600 it doesn’t come with it thus I’ll have to get a compatible diffuser that would cost RM50+ / USD15+ or those more sophisticated that can easily reach RM200+ / USD50+

Here I’m gonna show you how to make your own speedlight diffuser that cost you less than RM5 / USD1.



Some example;

Get throughly light of the object.

18mm f3.5 1/10 seconds

This normally occur with a very high ceiling light bounce.

42mm f4.2 1/10 seconds

Happy DIY! Cheers!

.........................................................................................................................................




Yesterday night when to KLCC to watch "The Uninvited" Preview Screening that I won few days ago from 988.



Watch with my gf, Andy and Sandy.

The storyline was quite nice but very short, overall not bad. More about the movie on my Monthly Movies Review at the end of the month. Woots! This months I watched alot movie. "Make It Happen" Premier Screening is coming soon!

8 comments:

Michael said...

This is really awesome, panjang! I have just got one flash and I really need guide to use it. Thank!

Calvyn said...

i always feel that my old flash, some time too powerful to direct shoot. really need to get a diffuser to diversify the light

KOKahKOK said...

tallboyz pandai awesome

Edwin T said...

I hardly watch horror or ghost movies. Don't have the gut to challenge them. Haha~

Anonymous said...

Ahmike - =)

Calyvn - Yeah!

Kokahkok - Mana ada, hunger to get a diffuser but no budget.

Edwin T - You should try, very cool one.

Edwin T said...

haha.. i tried to watch for a few times in cinema but ended up keep on closing my eyes.. haha

if i were to watch in my own room is still ok. hehe ^^

Anonymous said...

Edwin T - Then dun have those DTS effect liao. lolz

JimmiRocks said...

Where can I find the semi transparent card board? Is it a kind of plastic? I've been to my local craft super market, they didn't have a clue.