Feb 1, 2011

M2U Scam! I've Lost All My Money

Posted by Anonymous |

This morning I've received an email from Maybank that the need to update my M2U account due to some payment restrictions issue.



The email's outlook kinna real and when I hover mouse to Online Banking Log on and it shown a Australia website link. lol! redrippledesign you failed!

Out of my curiousity I clicked on the website and see how professional they can be? At the same time can share with friends not to get conned/cheated.


The logon look as good as the real M2U page.


I simply key in a ID and password.

Then it prompted to a page to verify details such as email, password and NRIC. Now all the details has saved by the Aussie.

The finaly step for them to transfer all the money from you account. TAC number.

All the steps now is sufficient to drain out all your hard earn money.

Can claim back the money by reporting to the police or Maybank management?

The answer is "NO"
Once you have send your TAC number, it mean you have honour the transaction.

So be careful if you received this kind of scam email or suspicious links. Get contact with the bank if you not sure what you are doing.

14 comments:

Koh Kian Fai said...

Wooot! so you got lost money?

Nikel Khor said...

i get this email many times lor.. but luckily i use different email account for my banking.. so easy tacker scam..

~Joeanney~ said...

yea, i've received this mail before, but i couldn't care to be bothered, haha!

Koh Kian Fai said...

try to avoid those mail, I played World of Warcraft receive 1 day at least 4 to 5 mail is Scam, cant believe Maybank got AUS fake mails also . . . . Dammit!

Ken Wooi said...

i wonder how they give TAC number if it's not the real Maybank.. furthermore, they got ask to key in HP number?

anyway, i always ignore such mail :D

Derek Yap said...

Hahaha, funny that they try to con us younger generation. But unfortunately they do succeed with the older ones who don't know better.

TZ said...

I don't use M2U... So I will not have any issue.

Anonymous said...

Kian Fai - No lar! Just testing out, how intelligent they are.

Nikel - Good for u

Joeanney - Haha! Me too but me tangan gatal :P

Ken - OMG! Kenwooi visit my blog :P The TAC valid for a certain time, so it's sufficient for them to withdraw all the money.

Derek - Yeah! Sad to the older/not IT literated.

Baby - lol!

TZ - They still send u the email. lol!

TianChad田七摄影 said...

Super attractive title ar lol
luckily you are not cheated but I can see some people will get into this trap =S

Ceddy said...

I came here because the title says you lost all your money, but it's not.

Ceddy said...

Lucky you were smart, or else you're f*cked. LOL But hell I fell for your trappppppppppppppppppp.

Kevin Cheng said...

Yeah, like what Ceddy said, I thought you really kena con.

Anyway, thanks for sharing with such a details too. :)

Kevin C.
www.kevckw.com

I AM A BLOGGER said...

huiyo, i oso receive this kind of email~~the email they use is admin@maybank2u.com.

but, when i look at the link, it gives funny funny websites~

Anonymous said...

Tian Chad - SEO ma! lol!

Ceddy - Thank you for the concern :) Can I say gotcha? lol!

Kevin - No problem man, sharing is caring :)

Xjion89 - Luckily u ignored it.